This classic Italian pasta dish is made with penne, tomato sauce, and vodka, and is ready in just 30 minutes.
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh basil for garnish (optional)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the penne according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce and vodka to the saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the heavy cream and Parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked penne to the sauce and toss to coat.
- Serve the Penne Alla Vodka hot, garnished with chopped fresh basil if desired. Enjoy!