Shake and bake pork chops is a simple and delicious way to prepare pork chops in the oven. This method is perfect for busy weeknights when you want a tasty meal but don’t have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen.
To make shake and bake pork chops, you will need:
- Pork chops
- A package of shake-and-bake coating mix (such as Panko breadcrumbs or traditional breadcrumbs)
- Melted butter or oil
Here’s how to make them:
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Place the pork chops in a large plastic bag or in a shallow dish.
- Pour the shake and bake coating mix into the bag or dish and add a few tablespoons of melted butter or oil.
- Close the bag or cover the dish and shake it well to coat the pork chops evenly with the shake-and-bake mix.
- Place the pork chops on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until they are cooked through and reach an internal temperature of 145°F (63°C).
- Serve the pork chops hot, with your choice of side dishes.
There are a few tips to keep in mind when making shake-and-bake pork chops:
- Make sure to coat the pork chops evenly with the shake-and-bake mix. If the coating is too thick in some places and too thin in others, the pork chops may not cook evenly.
- Don’t overcrowd the baking sheet. If you are cooking a lot of pork chops, use two baking sheets or cook them in batches to ensure that they cook evenly.
- Don’t overcook the pork chops. Pork is best when it is cooked to an internal temperature of 145°F (63°C), as it will be juicy and tender. If you overcook the pork chops, they will be dry and tough.
- Experiment with different flavors of shake and bake coating mix to add variety to your meals. You can also add your own seasonings to the coating mix for extra flavor.
Overall, shake-and-bake pork chops are a convenient and tasty option for a quick and easy dinner. Give them a try and see for yourself!