On the lookout for a scrumptious and easy-to-make cookie recipe? Thumbprint Cookies are the right choice! These cookies are a traditional deal with that’s loved by folks of all ages. They’re referred to as “thumbprint” cookies since you use your thumb to make an indentation within the heart of every cookie earlier than baking. You may then fill the indentation with a wide range of yummy fillings, corresponding to jam, chocolate, or Nutella.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- Your alternative of filling (jam, chocolate, Nutella, and so on.)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a big mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar collectively till gentle and fluffy.
- Beat within the egg yolk and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk collectively the flour and salt. Step by step add the flour combination to the butter combination and blend till effectively mixed.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and place them on the ready baking sheet.
- Use your thumb to make an indentation within the heart of every cookie.
- Fill the indentation along with your alternative of filling.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, or till they’re calmly golden brown across the edges.
- Take away the cookies from the oven and permit them to chill for a couple of minutes earlier than transferring them to a wire rack to chill utterly.
These cookies are a terrific deal with for any event, and they’re positive to be a success with each youngsters and adults alike. Plus, they’re simple to customise along with your favourite fillings. Give this recipe a try to tell us what you assume within the feedback under!
To serve Thumbprint Cookies, merely place them on a plate or serving tray. These cookies will be served as a dessert, a snack, or at a celebration. They’re greatest served contemporary, however they may also be saved in an hermetic container for a number of days. Get pleasure from!